Monday, August 18, 2008

Ilmenau

















So I'd better tell you a little bit about my experiences in Ilmenau before I leave here in 4 days for Amsterdam!!! It's a little Germany town in the German state of Thüringen. The town is about an hours train ride from Erfurt, and it's a quit little town of 20 to 30 thousand people. It resides in the German foothills which makes the weather qite nice. It's weather reminds me of Maine for some reason. Cool in the Summer but I bet it's Hella cold in the Winter! The town has a nice little shopping Straße with many nice shops along it. Ilmenau is also the sister city of Blue Ash which is kinda a shock to me, I mean it's Blue Ash!!! The one thing I can't quite get over is the fact that when we do venture into town the local people do nothing but stare at you! In America this is something we just don't do. I mean we stare at people but when we get caught we don't continue to stare at the person, here they do. All in all my trip here has been one of joy and new experience. The group that I'm with are all nice minus maybe one, but oh well what can ya do. Besides I'm gonna be in the Dam in 4 days!!! And I can't wait!!!!!

No comments: